CirqueConnect - New Digital Content Hub to Inspire Creativity and Provide Family-Friendly Programing
Montreal, March 26, 2020 – Cirque du Soleil announced today the creation of a new digital content hub called CirqueConnect, available at cirquedusoleil.com/cirqueconnect. Moved by a desire to stay connected to its fans, Cirque du Soleil content hub provides a source of high-quality entertainment for fans to enjoy from the comfort of their homes, as current measures to combat the coronavirus (COVID-19) have suspended live viewing experiences across the globe.
Tomorrow, March 27, at 3:00 p.m. eastern time, the CirqueConnect content hub will be premiering a 60-minute special, featuring awe-inspiring moments from its iconic shows KURIOS – Cabinet of Curiosities, ‘’O’’, and LUZIA, for fans to enjoy until the time in which it is safe to meet again and return to our venues. Audiences of all ages will enjoy a front-row seat to these larger-than-life shows, with never-before seen angles that can only be experienced on the TV screen.
“We at Cirque du Soleil have a role to play in providing high-quality entertainment to our fans that are staying in their homes as this crisis unfolds,” said Sheila Morin, CMO of Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group. “Now more than ever, our fans need the distraction that spectacle brings, a break from the chaos. We want to do our part to spread joy, even from afar, directly to them.”
The CirqueConnect content hub is filled with footage from our various multimedia offerings, including:
- A 60-minute special: Cirque du Soleil opens its vault of live show recordings and invites fans to witness some of the most iconic show moments of KURIOS – Cabinet of Curiosities, ‘’O’’, and LUZIA.
- Virtual Reality Experiences: Download the Cirque du Soleil VR app to get onstage and step into the heart of Cirque du Soleil most thrilling moments.
- Content Series and Tutorials: With titles such as Cirque it Out and Color Me Cirque, audiences can exercise like a Cirque du Soleil artist and learn make-up techniques from the professionals.
- Music: Sit back and enjoy, sing along or get up and dance to a variety of music videos and soundtracks from our Cirque du Soleil shows.
- Family-Friendly Favorites: Cirque du Soleil family programming includes Netflix’s Luna Petunia, an animated series of adventure, friendship and learning in the fantastical land of Amazia, and Big Top Academy, an original live-action kids series centered around an extraordinary group of young acrobats who dream of becoming circus artists.
About Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group
Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group is a world leader in live entertainment. On top of producing world-renowned circus arts shows, the Canadian organization brings its creative approach to a large variety of entertainment forms such as multimedia productions, immersive experiences, theme parks and special events. Going beyond its various creations, Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group aims to make a positive impact on people, communities and the planet with its most important tools: creativity and art. For more information about Cirque du Soleil Entertainment Group, please visit CDSentertainmentgroup.com